The ADS-B Receiver Project Version 3
Keep up to date on the development of the next major version to be released.
The following page contains information on the upcoming v3 major release. The information contained within this page will be updated continually during the development of this version and is subject to change. Feel free to stop back occasionally to keep up with the latest v3 developments.
A note to contributors....
Anyone wishing to contribute to the development of version 3 is welcome to do so soon. A page outlining how to contribute to the 3.0 branch is in the works and should be available shortly for those interested in helping out to read over. The page will outline the current needs for v3.0.
Version 3 Portal Previews
Please note that the following are screenshots created during the development process and are subject to change.
- Create a more seemless installation process.
- Recreate the portal to be totally independent of third party software maps.
- Make the portal a mobile friendly single page experience.
- Make historical data search more intuitive by adding additional filters when searching said data.
Currently working on...
- Scripts: Complete script writing up to the point installation begins.
- Portal: Add plots for each aircraft being tracked.
- Portal: Display data on selected aircraft being tracked when clicked on.
What has been changed...
- Scripts: Removed installation switches which were deemed no longer necessary.
- Scripts: All questions pertaining to the installation of software are answered before installation begins.
- Portal: Removed the blog feature from the portal.
- Portal: All data including current tracks, performance graphs, etc. will be available within a single page.
- Portal: Use the Bing Maps V8 Web Control to render all maps making up the portal.