upgrade Romeo Golf ?

Home Forums ADS-B Receiver Project Support upgrade Romeo Golf ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joe 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

katchy
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    good to see you back.

I have the Romeo Golf fork installed – can I just upgrade 2.6.1 over that fork?

joe
    Keymaster

In 2.6.0 I brought over many of RomeoGulf’s changes from his 2.6.0 (2.7.0?) fork. Honestly, I don’t think there will be any issues. Most of his fixes which he was generous enough to keep up on in my absence dealt with installation so if anything coming back to the project should not cause any harm.

I honestly appreciate all he did in my absence and was happy to see he was up to carrying the torch while i was gone. There were a few things I did strip out of his fork when roughly “merging” his changes before releasing v2.6.0 which are documented in the CHANGELOG. However, before releasing v2.6.0 I did not see any portal or collectd related changes so there should be no problems.

If you do have any issues updating your receiver from RomeoGulf’s fork let me know and I will do my best to help get you up and running if need be.

Just be sure to back up things such as MySQL/SQLite/XML databases and collectd rrd files just in case if you have a long history you wish to retain.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  joe.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  joe.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.