SDRplay RSP & Receiver Project

Home Forums ADS-B Receiver Project Support SDRplay RSP & Receiver Project

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dunnsville 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dunnsville
    Participant

I’ve used the Receiver Project on several rtl-sdr setups with great success and have recently been trying to configure a RSP1 and a RSP1A to work with Flight Aware and ADSBexchange just to see if I can get better results than a rtl-sdr. I tried to install both the feeder for ADSBexchange, which worked fine and the Performance Graphs which is only working with the System Graphs. The Dump1090 graphs aren’t working at all and that’s what I would like to find a solution for. When installing, the Receiver scrips didn’t even see the existing dump1090 for the sdrplay at all (I left it running in case it would help the scrips see it). It’s a fork off of OJ’s mutability that has the drivers for the RSP’s. Anyhow is there something I need to direct from the Graphs on the Receiver Project or from the sdrplay dump1090-mut in order to enable the graphs. FYI the current rsp dump is located at: wget http://www.sdrplay.com/software/dump1090_1.3.rpi.tar.gz
    Thanks for your work, I’ve had a lot of fun with it.

joe
    Keymaster

From my experience dump1090-tools will only work with a device based on the Realtek RTL2832 etc. chipset physically connected to the device. Dump1090-tools is unable to collect data from more specialized devices such as those made by AirSpy, which from personal experience I can confirm, and I am guessing in your case, SDRPlay devices.

Dunnsville
    Participant

Thx Joe, I’m sure you are right if it’s using rtl based tools. It’s a mirics chipset and they have their own special drivers for it.
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.