Delayed a bit but it is here. Finally after making the dreaded trip east of Cleveland to Micro Center I was finally able to get the latest Raspberry Pi hardware to test things out… Anyways v2.6.2 is available in both image form and via Git as always. This release does not bring much new to the table however, those folks looking for a fresh start on new Raspberry Pi hardware should hopefully have no issues using these images. Anyways here goes the CHANGELOG…
- Images created using the latest version of Raspbian which supports the Raspberry Pi 3 b+.
- Option to install dump1090-fa removed on Ubuntu 17.10 or higher due to cx_freeze issue.
- Fixed so Ubunbtu 17.10 and higher properly installs PHP 7.1 and its related packages.
- ADS-B Exchange run script now uses socat instead of netcat to send data.
- Removed Mapzen support from the scripts due to the service shutting down.
- Added option to auto hide portal navigation and footer elements. (thanks to @Mictronics)
- User can opt to skip the installation of the Postfix MTA using the –mta= flag.
- OS and release variables temporarily exported to save repeating the detection process.
I will admit the “Added option to auto hide portal navigation and footer elements.” is not tested what so ever. I honestly did not wish to look into it being I am working on something specific to the project hopefully making the issue moot point. However, @Mictronics sent a pull request which seems to be on par with what folks wanted. I will leave things at that and hope life slows down enough to allow me to add some more feature I have in mind I am sure you will like!
Anyways here is the link to the latest images.
Those upgrading their hardware to a RPi 3 B+ make sure you got the watts and amps!